In this video, the speaker demonstrates how to make an adjustment on the edge bander.
- To adjust the pinion gear, start by using a 12mm wrench on the pinion gear and a 10mm wrench to loosen the lock nut. The shaft is left-handed threaded, so keep that in mind while working.
- Hold the rubber roller in place and use the drive wheel to back off the pinion gear from the threads until it disengages.
- Check that nothing is bent and clean off any grease. Reinstall the pinion gear, taking note of the loctite on the shaft.
- Use the drive wheel to align the gear, ensuring hard gear engagement but backing off about a quarter turn to achieve a proper mesh.
- Reinstall the lock nut, tighten it with the wrenches, and double-check the lash to ensure slight movement.
We trust you will find this video to be beneficial. Please feel to reach out to us HERE if you have any questions about our edge banders or if you need additional support.