Effective Date: February 2, 2024
What Personal Information About Customers Does Grizzly Services Gather and Use?
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Website, like your account information or order details, or give us in any other way, such as through a contest, product rating, or customer service inquiry. For example, we may collect your name, phone number, address, email address, credit or debit card information, the products you’ve purchased, whether you are a wood or metal worker (or both), and any other information you may provide to us when you place an order with us, create an account on the Website, engage with the Website’s chat functionality or otherwise contact us. Please note that you might have more than one account if you have used more than one email address when shopping with us. You may also provide us with photographs of yourself, shop or equipment as part of reviews and/or as part of participation in marketing-oriented contests. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Website features. We use the information that you provide for purposes such as creating and managing your account with us, responding to your requests, processing and shipping orders, warranty tracking, customizing future shopping for you, personalizing our advertising and marketing communications, delivering promotions and offers to you that we think may interest you, providing and improving the Website, our products and services, and communicating with you. We may also use such information at your direction.
- Automatically Collected Information: We receive and store certain types of information automatically whenever you interact with Website. For example, like many websites, we use tracking technologies as further discussed in the “What About Cookies and Other Tracking Methods?” section below. We may obtain certain types of information, like your IP address and your browser and operating system type, device type, time zone, and other technical information such as protocol status and substatus, bytes sent and received, and server information when your browser accesses the Website. We also automatically collect information regarding customer traffic patterns and Website usage, referring websites, search queries, and your browsing and purchase history. We may further generalize your location by using your IP address. We use this information to provide and improve the Website, products and services, to customize future shopping for you, for technical troubleshooting, to maintain quality of the Website and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website. We may also collect technical information to help us identify your device, and link it to your account, for fraud prevention and diagnostic purposes.
- Third-Party Providers and Services: You may utilize the Website with or through third-party services such as Facebook or Amazon Payments. We collect necessary third-party services account information, such as your third-party account handle and/or email address or your mailing address for an order, to support us in carrying out your requests. We may also receive information like updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by our subsidiary, search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
What About Cookies and Other Tracking Methods?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as the storage of items in your shopping cart between visits.
U.S. Supplemental Privacy Notice
Privacy Notice for Nevada Residents
Are Children Allowed to Use Grizzly.com?
Grizzly does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of 13 and no parts of our Website are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of 13. Grizzly does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell some children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may not create an account or purchase products from us.
Does Grizzly.com Share the Information It Receives?
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, providing analytics and digital advertising services, and providing customer service. We provide them with access to personal information needed to perform their functions.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We strive to maintain appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect the security of personal information that we collect. However, please note that no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information.
Consent to Receive Communications
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Website features as Your Profile, Wish List, or Customer Reviews.
- You may also access or modify your information and modify your communication preferences through your account. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- You may request to delete your account under your account settings. Grizzly, however, will retain all information created under that account as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
Do Not Track
Our Website does not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
We may collect information about your online activities on our Website to provide you with advertising about products tailored to your individual interests. We also may obtain information for this purpose from third-party websites on which our advertisements are served.
You may see certain advertisements on other websites because we work with advertising partners (including advertising networks) to engage in remarketing and retargeting activities. Our advertising partners allow us to target our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based and contextual means. These partners track your online activities over time and across websites, including our Website, by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of third-party cookies, web server logs and web beacons. They use this information to show you advertisements that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our advertising partners may collect includes data about your visits to websites that participate in the relevant advertising networks, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our Website and on third-party websites that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. For example, we utilize certain of our advertising partners’ targeted advertising services to show you our advertisements on other websites based on your prior visits to our Website and other online activity.
Provided that a company participates in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers choices about whether to receive targeted advertising, you may opt out of interest-based advertising generally through the Network Advertising Initiative website or by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ (web-based advertising) or http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices (for mobile advertising). To learn more, please visit the websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance at www.networkadvertising.org/choices. Opting-out does not mean that you will stop receiving advertisements from us. It means that you still stop receiving advertisements from us that have been targeted to you based on your visits and browsing activity across websites over time.
Contact Us About Privacy
Phone: Toll-Free at 1-888-585-9724